Access Bank sits comfortably among the top 5 banking institutions and has always been customer-centric. This unique characteristic also comes to play when you ponder on what the processes are for an Access Bank statement of account retrieval.
Your Access Bank statement of account gives a detailed breakdown of your banking activities over a specific period and is made readily available to you by the bank upon request through various mediums that we will be considering.
This is a good read for persons who are interested in gaining insight on how to retrieve their Access Bank statement of account.
Retrieving your Access Bank Statement of Account
Various channels of engagement have catered for scenarios where you consider retrieving your Access Bank statement of account. Each comes with its unique peculiarities and suits each customer’s bank statement retrieval needs. Here are channels that can help you retrieve your Access Bank statement of account.
The Nearest Access Bank Branch
You can get your Access Bank statement of account by walking into any Access Bank branch that is of convenience to you. Since you own an account with the bank, locate the customer service section to relate your request for a bank statement.
You are then required to write a letter requesting a bank statement. Contained in this letter also is your address, account details, and the duration you want the bank statement printed from.
Upon approval, you are notified of the charges which range from N50-N150 for each page of the banking statement printed.
This process should not exceed an hour in normal scenarios.
There are other convenient methods to get your bank statements, however, for situations where your bank statement is required to be stamped, it can only be achieved in the banking hall.
Electronic Methods of Retrieving your Access Bank Statement of Account
Your Access Bank statement of account can also be retrieved from the comfort of your home through these channels.
You can get your bank statement by sending a mail to the dedicated Access Bank customer care email address, email@example.com. The mail should contain your account details, phone number, the specific period you want to represent on the bank statement. This comes at no cost and you will be responded to accordingly.
Online Banking Portal
Here are the steps required to generate your Access Bank statement of account using the online banking portal.
- Log in to the Access Bank website, www.accessbankplc.com.
- You would be required to register on the portal using your bank account details.
- Create your online Access account with your personalized username and password.
- You can always retrieve your bank statement every time you log in to the portal.
To use this medium, ensure internet banking is enabled for your Access Bank account.
Access Bank mobile app users are also not exempted from being able to retrieve their bank statements. To achieve this;
- Locate and download the Access Bank mobile app from the google play store or Ios app store.
- Follow through the registration procedure and use details you can recollect.
- Spot the Account icon on the mobile app. Click on the account statement option.
- The electronic version of your bank statement will be mailed to you afterward.
Access Bank does not stop at these methods but also developed more accessible avenues to enable their customers to retrieve their bank statements.
Retrieving your Access Bank Account Statement via WhatsApp
Using the WhatsApp platform, you can retrieve your Access Bank statement of account seamlessly. To actualize this;
- Add this phone number to your phone book, +2349090901901.
- Locate your WhatsApp contact list to spot the newly saved phone number.
- Type the word ‘Hi’ and send it to the newly saved phone number.
- A menu then appears prompting you to select an option.
- Select the Register option and follow through the registration process which requires inputting your first name, last name, email address, account number.
- Once the registration is complete, you will be asked to know if you require further help. Here you can now place a request to retrieve your bank statement. This will be forwarded to the registered email address.
This is another method to retrieve your Access Bank statement of account. To achieve this;
- Ensure your mobile line is linked to your Access Bank account.
- Dial the ussd code *901# on the mobile line linked to your bank account.
- Select the fourth menu using the number 4 and click send.
- To gain access to inquiry services, you would be required to select 4 once again.
- You are then directed to a new list of menus. Select 1, to request your mini bank statement.
- Follow through instructions carefully, and details of your mini bank statement would be sent to your phone.
These methods ensure easy accessibility to your Access Bank statement of account.
What then should you expect on the statement of account?
What’s contained in the statement of Account
Here are some items to look out for on your bank statement.
- A bank statement would contain details of the account owner, such as name, email, phone number, and address.
- The account details, such as the account number, account type are also displayed.
- Transaction details such as the date, amount, names of the individuals engaging with the account are also not left out.
Other details included are;
The account balance at the start and the end of the specified period.
Cash and cheque deposit or withdrawal activities that are carried out with the account.
Interests on the account are also recorded.
The bank statement serves various purposes and here are some.
When is a Bank Statement needed?
Your bank statement becomes essential at any of these instances.
When attempting to monitor transactions on your account.
They are essential documents when requesting a visa.
During the loan application process, your bank statement is required.
To ensure your account is secure and safe from unauthorized transactions.
Retrieving your Access Bank statement of account shouldn’t be a challenge having read through this piece. You are also at liberty to choose your favorite method of retrieval.
The many options make it easy for regular monitoring of one’s bank account through the bank statement and in return making adjustments where necessary.