Do you want to own an account as an undergraduate? Then it is possible. In case you are currently in school but looking forward to owning a student account and you’re not sure which bank to apply to, then we will show you one. In today’s post, we will show you the best student bank accounts in Nigeria.
Most times students usually pass a lot to open a savings account in Nigeria. Indeed, this can be painstaking, but with the help of this post, you will find it more easy and efficient.
The Diamond S.W.A.G
Here is another amazing platform to get your student accounts opened from Diamond bank. This student account is meant for both students of tertiary institutions and NYSC members. This student savings account will help you to save a lot of money while you are in school or while in service.
The Benefits Of This Diamond S.W.A.G Account
- You will get a trendy international debit card
- You will enjoy great discounts when you shop with your S.W.A.G Card via some selected merchant sites like Adiba.com
- You will be eligible to win PocketMoney4AYear and some cash prizes on other running promos from time to time
- You will be opening with a minimum balance of ₦525
- You get free and secure monthly statements via email
- A Diamond Bank cheques can be paid into the account
- A credit interest will be payable monthly
- You will be able to do free Online Banking
- You have access to the mobile App
- You get a 50% discount for the first issuance of our trendy Debit Card
- There are limited account opening documentation
- You will have reliable and convenient access to Online & Mobile Banking
- You will get competitive interest on your savings which is payable monthly
- You will get exclusive access to Diamond Bank Youth Portal
But What Do You Need To Open A Bank Account?
Note that as a student, you really don’t need much to open a bank account, after all, you are just a student opening an account without any help from your parent. So here are the major requirement:
You need a Passport ID:
Owning any account in Nigeria requires at least two passports. However, most banks prefer the one with a red background, while others don’t. Though you can still go with any background of your choice.
But a lot of banks out there did not specify any background color. This means that you can go with red, white, purple, or any random colors that will not deprive you of your student accounts. They just need the two passports for easy account opening.
You need a Photo ID:
As you know, you need at least two forms of photo ID, which could be a student ID, your departmental or faculty ID. You can still use your N.Y.S.C Identity card or your school admission letter.
But note that you are required of two different types of ID for clearance. However, you must first come with a student or school ID, your school admission letter. This will serve as proof of student status.
You can still submit a letter of acceptance from your school, but the admission letter might serve that purpose better.
You need a completed application form:
A lot of banks now allow you to apply for a student bank account online, but you will still have to send them the supporting documents via email or take them to the branch near you. Please note that documents must be original copies and not photocopies.
You also need a minimum of ₦525.00. This will give you the opportunity to get your Debit Card ready after opening the student account for you.
The Diamond Bank Student Account Limits
Any student account which was opened with a school ID such as Diamond S.W.A.G can handle up to 300k maximum and can have a limit of 50k withdrawal daily.
For you to get a certified Diamond S.W.A.G student account, then you need to visit a Diamond bank branch near you.