GTBank is one of the first banks to introduce mobile app banking in Nigeria, in order to fast-track transactions without going to the banking hall. The app allows you to do quite a number of things such as sending money from your account, making payments, paying for bills such as your utility bills, and lots more. It is also possible to subscribe for your DSTV, GOTV, Startimes and other satellite cable TV using your GTBank mobile app. The GTBank mobile app seeks to make banking a lot easier, giving solutions at your fingertips. The GTBank mobile app is arguably the most convenient form of banking to use when compared to the Internet Banking and USSD codes.
In this article, we will be learning about how to activate the GTBank mobile app.
- The first step is to download the app by visiting your AppStore. If you are an iPhone user, please visit your AppStore. For android users, visit PlayStore.
- Search for GTBank and click the Download/Install button to get the app into your phone.
- Open the app and enter your bank User ID and password.
- If you do not have a password, you can dial *737*6*5# on your phone number linked with your GTBank. This will provide you with your login details. Confirm the request by entering the last four digits of your ATM or PIN.
You can also get your internet login details on your email. Your internet ID and Password will be sent to your email immediately after you open an account with GTBank. Another way to get your Internet login details is by signing up for the GTBank Internet Banking by visiting the GTBank website. If you already have your login details ready but you do not remember your password, please use the Forgot Password button.
On logging in, you would be asked to verify your device. The reason for this verification is that this is your first time using the app on your phone. If you would like your device to be your preferred device, choose Yes, and choose a transaction method (PIN or token).
This method of transaction is the means you would prefer to complete or verify any transaction. Note that you can always switch between using the PIN or token at anytime you want. You can do this by simply going to the app Settings and setting it to either PIN or token.
- A code contains 5 digits will be sent to the phone number registered with your bank to verify your device. If the message does not show up due to network failure or other glitches, you can generate a code from your GTBank hardware token. You can also dial*737*7# on your phone number linked with your bank to get a one-time password. Lastly, you can put a call across to GTConnect on 08039003900 or 08029002900 to help you with a solution.
- Enter the code into the app and your device will be verified. This process is only for first-time activation; you will not have to go through all these when next you want to use the app. Now your app is ready!
If you prefer to use tokens for authorizing and verifying your transactions. You will be sent a code that comprises 5 digits. Enter the code into your GTBank mobile app and it will be verified successfully. At this point, your app is ready for use with your hardware token or *737*6*5# USSD generated token.
Kindly note that you can also perform transactions from devices that do not belong to you. All you have to do is select No! This Device is not Mine from the device verification screen, and you can go ahead to perform whatever transactions you intended to. Remember you chose the Token for means of verifying transactions, so remember to generate a token by using your hardware or the USSD code *737*6*5#
Features of the GTBank Mobile App
The new GTBank mobile app (GTWorld) is loaded with so many features as against the old GTBank mobile app. The GTWorld app has a lot of improved features which include:
- Face recognition, fingerprint, and PIN to verify your transactions.
- You can send money from your account, recharge your phone without having to log in first.
- You can apply for loans with this app.
- You can pay for any kind of bill on the GTWorld app.
- You can send your Statement of account to your email.
- The app allows you to schedule and manage standing orders.
- You can block your lost or stolen card from your GTWorld app.
- It allows you to locate any GTBank ATM closest to you.
You should consider writing down your login details as you could forget sometimes.
Your login details are your gate-pass into your app. Anyone can use your app to make fraudulent transactions if they have your login or other details. This is why you should always keep all your sensitive details confidential!
Disregard any message you get telling you to send a code for confirmation, these could be fraudsters. Any transaction you did not perform or authorize, please make sure you do not heed, lest you risk losing your hard-earned money.
As a GTBank customer, one of the best things you can do for yourself is to get the GTWorld mobile app. It would ease your stress of having to visit the bank for any little you need to get done. Besides, it puts you in charge of your own account. It gives you the power to prevent or stop any illegal or unauthorized transactions by just clicking a few buttons. What could be more refreshing than that?
We hope that you have learned one or two things from this article. If you need more information about the GTWorld app, please visit any GTBank nearest to you and obtain all the information you desire.