Losses resulting from missing, misplaced, compromised, or stolen ATM cards is heartbreaking. This ATM card blocking is of great value. With a significant increase in the crime rate lately, fraudsters do not even need the full menu to access your account. A little compromise exposing the PINs and serial numbers is enough to rip you off your life savings in your bank account. As a Stanbic-IBTC cardholder, you can deactivate your card in a short while.
The Stanbic-IBTC Bank provides you with various means of performing such tasks, and at a convenient time. Thus, you can skip the long queue waiting to relay their complaints in the banking hall and get the card blocked from anywhere.
Why Block a Stanbic-IBTC Bank ATM Card?
Blocking a Stanbic-IBTC Bank ATM; Debit or Credit Card can be for several reasons, including misplacement or loss of ATM card, theft or stealing of ATM card, and unauthorized transaction resulting from compromise at the shopping mall, ATM point, POS, other public places and lots more.
These events listed above may occur once or even often, and therefore there is a need to have easy access to block or deactivate your ATM Card when such happens.
Ways of Blocking a Stambic-IBTC Bank ATM Card
There are different ways of blocking a Stanbic-IBTC ATM card. The analog method of ATM card deactivation, which involves going to the nearest bank to make a complaint and fill forms, gives room for defrauding and other malicious acts on your account. It takes a long time for blocking to become effective.
Therefore, Stanbic-IBTC Bank has come up with various ATM blocking methods that are fast, easy, and reliable since the introduction of mobile banking and internet banking.
You can block your Stanbic-IBTC Bank Debit or Credit Cards in the following ways;
- USSD codes
- Contacting the Stanbic-IBTC Customer Care Services
How to Block a Stanbic-IBTC Bank ATM Card through SMS
Deactivating your Stanbic-IBTC ATM card by SMS shortcode is quite simple. Just follow the procedures below.
- Send “Block card” and your ten digit NUBAN ACCOUNT NUMBER to 30909.
- You must send the SMS from the mobile phone number linked and registered to the affected bank account, and SMS charges apply.
Your ATM and account would be blocked after sending this SMS.
How to Block a Stanbic-IBTC Bank ATM Card Using USSD Code
The Stanbic-IBTC popular *909# USSD code can be used to block your ATM cards when events such as those listed earlier play out. The steps involved are listed as follows.
- Dail *909# on any mobile phone with your registered SIM card in Nigeria.
- Select “6” and migrate to other options
- Select option “1,” which reads ” for my bank.”
- Select option “5,” which reads ” for the service request.”
- Select option “2,” which reads ” to Block Debit Card.”
- Enter your account number after this.
Your ATM card will be blocked immediately.
How to Block a Stanbic-IBTC Bank ATM Card by contacting the Customer Care Services
This method is straightforward as it entails dialing the numbers on your mobile phones for telephones and making a call. It also covers reaching them via their websites, social media handles, and email address.
- Calls: You can reach the Stanbic-IBTC bank via calls on
01 422 2222 or
Stambic Direct: 0700 CALL STAMBIC (0700 2255 782 6242)
- Social Media Handles: you can also reach Stanbic-IBTC bank on;
You can send them a mail via their email address requesting an ATM block.
- Email: Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, you can visit their website at www.stanbicibtc.com.
Once you contact them on any customer service, report, and request an ATM blocking, your request will be granted after answering specific questions correctly.
What do I do after blocking my Stanbic-IBTC Bank ATM Card?
After blocking your ATM Card, Stanbic-IBTC advises its customers to take specific measures to be on the safest side. These measures include;
- Transfer of funds: Once your ATM is blocked, Stanbic-IBTC Bank advises its customers, especially those that own two accounts, to transfer their funds to the other account. This can be done by using the USSD money transfer method that is easy and fast.
- Apply for a new ATM Card: After your ATM card has been blocked, quickly apply for a new one. Application and collection of the new card will be made when you visit the nearest Stanbic-IBTC Bank. This will enable you to perform all financial transactions.
- Also, unlink all online payment information from the old ATM card and link them to the new one. This would enable smooth transaction as there will be no complications.
The possible ways of blocking your Stanbic-IBTC ATM card in cases of losses, theft, or misplacement include SMS, USSD codes, contacting customer care service, and accessing their social media handles. Knowing these methods will be of great help when your ATM is missing.
Are you a Stanbic-IBTC Bank customer and have lost your ATM Card? This article will then be of great help to you as it offers you step-by-step instructions on how to block your Access ATM Card.