Sometimes, you might find yourself at spots where it is difficult to locate a recharge card vendor. Other times, these vendors add an extra charge of #10 or #20 to the actual cost. Several banks including GTBank have designed more convenient means of accessing this service 24/7.
This process could be directly affected by the network provider of the phone number linked to your account or providing a data connection. With these, you could also recharge for your loved ones or any number you choose, even during an emergency because the process is fast and the transaction is usually instant.
Listed below are ways of recharging airtime or purchasing data from your GTBank account.
– Using your username and password, log in to internet banking and select Airtime.
– Fill out the form with the needed information (i.e. network, amount, etc.)
– Click ‘Continue’ when you’ve answered your secret question. To complete your request, enter your token code and click “Submit.”
Step 1: Get the GTWorld App on your phone.
If you do not already have it, go to your device’s app store and download the GTWorld App.
Step 2: Obtain your Login Information
After you’ve installed the app, go to “Sign Up” to retrieve your login information (User ID and password). This provides you access to your app account. Log in to the GTMobile banking app with your internet banking username and password
Step 3: Purchase airtime
Select ‘Airtime & Payment mobile top-up’ from the menu on the screen from your dashboard. Choose a network (for example, MTN), then a product (for example, MTN VTU). Click ‘Continue’ after selecting the account to debit and entering the cell phone number to be credited. Review the summary of the information you’ve entered and then click ‘Continue’. Enter your Token code and the answer to your secret question. To finish your request, click ‘Continue.’
– Log in to the GTMobile money app with your phone number and PIN
– Select Airtime & Payments from the options on the screen. Select network (e.g. MTN), then credit amount
– Input mobile number to be credited, then click ‘Continue’
– Enter PIN, then click ‘Continue’
– Review transaction summary, then click ‘Confirm’ to complete the transaction
Banking with USSD
Dial *737*AMOUNT#” (e.g., *737*300#” to purchase 300 airtime) to a registered phone number.
Third-party contact: To send N300 airtime to 08123456789, dial *737*AMOUNT*Phone number#” (e.g. *737*300*08123456789#).
Note: You will be prompted to select the network for the topped-up mobile number
– Click ‘Send’ after selecting the network code.
Note: You will be prompted to enter the last four digits of your card number to confirm the transaction has been received.
– Input the last 4-digits of your card number and click ‘Send ‘
Note: a notification ‘GTBank is processing your airtime request ‘ will pop up, after which the phone number is credited.
- Simple and quick to use
- Airtime is available for purchase 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It takes roughly 10 seconds to complete the operation.
- As soon as the process is finished, airtime is loaded.
- Airtime Advance: You can rest confident that your essential discussions will never be cut short due to a lack of airtime when you utilize the 737 Airtime Advance. Prequalified GTBank salary account holders can borrow up to N5,000 in airtime and pay it back at the end of the month with the 737 Airtime Advance.
How to Do It:
To get airtime in advance, simply dial *737*8*1#, follow the prompts, and authenticate with the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard to seek an airtime loan.
Must my phone be internet enabled?
No, your phone does not have to be internet-enabled. If you have an internet-enabled phone, you would be able to perform transactions using all the channels mentioned above. On the other hand, if your phone is not internet-enabled, the USSD and/ or SMS options are your best bet.
What should I do if I have forgotten my password?
Contact the customer service center (GTConnect) at 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328), 234-1-4480000, 08029002900, or 08039003900 if you forget your password.
Alternatively, for internet banking, follow the steps below:
- Visit the website gtbank.com
- Navigate to the Internet Banking tab and select the login option.
- Select the “Forgot your Password” link after entering your user ID.
- You’ll be taken to a page where you can reset your password.
- Select the continue button after entering the answer to your secret question.
- It is recommended that you keep your Password safe for security reasons.
It is highly recommended that you adopt the option that suits you best. If one of the channels is not going through, do not hesitate to try out an alternative means. In all of these, ensure that your security details are kept intact. Be security conscious.