Bank Verification Number is also known as BVN is mandatory for every bank account holder in Nigeria to have. It serves as a means of identification and authentication that keeps the banking system safe from illegal transactions.
The role of the BVN is to ensure that all customers are verified users of the accounts they possess. This unique code contains eleven digits that can be gotten from your bank. Without the BVN, you cannot operate a Nigerian bank account effectively.
Once you have a Bank Verification Number from your first bank account, you do not need another BVN when you open another bank account because they are all linked to each other. Now that we know about the BVN, and how it works, I will be showing you how to check your BVN on Fidelity Bank.
How to Check BVN on Fidelity Bank Using USSD
The introduction of USSD banking has made it easy for bank clients to engage in bank transactions without going to the bank. This process of banking has also been very effective, thereby, reducing the number of people that queue in the bank. With your mobile phone, you can easily do the following:
- Check your account number.
- Pay bills.
- Request loans.
- Transfer money.
- Check your BVN.
To check for your Bank Verification Number using the USSD code, follow the following steps:
- Step one: Pick up your mobile phone and dial *770# with the phone number you used to open your Fidelity Bank account.
- Step two: Select the next option to view the menu and press send.
- Step three: After the menu comes up, select the option “Account Number/BVN” to gain access to your bank details.
- Step four: Insert your personal four-digit pin to confirm your request.
- Step five: A message will be sent to your phone number containing the details of your bank account and your BVN.
It is important to note that there are bank charges attached to using the USSD code for transactions.
The steps above is not the only way to check your BVN on Fidelity Bank with USSD. You can also take the steps below:
- Step one: You must use the phone number that is registered to your Fidelity Bank account to dial *565*0# on your phone.
- Step two: Once you press send, Fidelity Bank will send a message that contains your bank name, bank account number, account balance, and your Bank Verification Number.
- Step three: Save your BVN quickly so that you can retrieve it when necessary.
You must have at least 20 Naira in your bank account balance for this transaction to fall through or you would not get the result you want.
If you are unable to get your Bank Verification Number on your mobile device, you can go to any Fidelity Bank branch close to you to get it.
- What you simply need to take along is your means of identification and your account details.
- When you get to the bank, walk up to any customer service agent available to request for your BVN.
- You would have to fill a form so the bank can have the necessary details about you.
- Your passport photograph and a biometrics thumbprint will also be collected from you to verify you physically.
- After you have passed through the process above, your BVN will be generated and linked to your account and a message of confirmation will be sent to you.
What is the Fidelity Bank code for checking BVN?
To check for your BVN in Nigeria with your Fidelity Bank account, dial *565*0#. This code is available for MTN, Airtel, GLO, and 9 mobile users. You should also note that you would be charged a fee when you use the code to check for your BVN
What happens if I do not have a BVN?
Without a BVN, you do not have a means of verification for your account. It will be difficult for you to enjoy banking services when your BVN is unavailable. Get to the nearest bank to get your BVN.
Finally, you now have an understanding of what BVN is all about and how useful it is for your banking experience. I have also shown you steps on how to use the various USSD codes to get your BVN on Fidelity Bank. Once you get your Bank Verification Number, remember to keep it safe.