Have you forgotten your First Bank account number but you need it as soon as possible? You don’t know how you find your account number.
The steps in this article will guide you on how to know your First Bank account number.
One option that might come to your mind when trying to know your account number is to walk into a Firstbank branch close to you and ask for customer service.
While that is one way to check your account number, it is stressful and can be time-wasting.
The banking industry has evolved from the days of going through such stress to sitting in the comfort of your home or anywhere and carrying out banking transactions.
Being the oldest bank in Nigeria, Firstbank lets its customers experience banking with ease. It is easier to check your first bank account number than you thought.
Here are 5 ways to check your Firstbank account number.
Use USSD code
FirstBank’s USSD code takes banking to a different level. It is a quick code that allows customers to carry out transactions through mobile banking.
The *894# code allows customers to carry out banking transactions on their mobile phones without the internet.
It does not matter if you use an android, iOS device, or the popular small phones you have can access the 894 code, and with the code, you can check your FirstBank account number.
However, before you can check your account number or use the 894 code, you need to activate mobile banking on your phone.
Activating mobile banking is easy and you can actually do it yourself, follow the steps below to activate mobile banking on your mobile device.
Steps to activate mobile banking
- Dial *894*0# on your mobile device.
- Click on register for 894 banking. When you click this, you get a list of debit cards.
- Select preferred debit card.
- Enter the four-digit pin for the selected debit card.
- Create a pin for your mobile transactions. Create a pin that is easy to remember, or for ease, use the pin for your debit card.
That’s it. Your mobile banking is activated.
Note: If your phone does not have the phone number you used to register your account, you would be unable to use the USSD code.
Now, let’s get your account number.
Steps to check your FirstBank account number using USSD code
- Dial *894# on your registered mobile phone.
- Click on quick banking or enter the number to access the quick banking option
- Access the inquiry services. This option allows you to make inquiries and one of them is the account number
- Click the account number and enter your transaction pin to confirm.
A text message will be sent to your bank registered number. This text message will have your FirstBank account number.
Use mobile app
FirstBank has a mobile app called FirstMobile.
The app provides customers with easier ways to perform banking transactions. Although the FirstMobile app requires an internet connection to carry out banking transactions.
To use the FirstMobile app, download it on google play or App Store. You can also get it directly from customer service in any First bank branch.
However, you need to activate the app. Follow the steps below to activate your FirstMobile app.
How to activate your FirstMobile app
- Launch the FirstMobile app on your device
- Click register
- Enter your First Bank debit card details. It does not matter whether you use a MasterCard or visa.
- After this step, an OTP will be sent to the phone number linked to your First Bank account.
- Enter the code
- You will be prompted to create a unique 5-digit pin which you will use to login henceforth.
- For more security, choose two security questions to keep your account safe and you can add the face login feature later.
- Create your 4-digit pin. This pin will be used to confirm your transactions before it is carried out.
You can now use check your FirstBank account number using the steps below.
- Login to your account using the mobile app
- Just above your account balance, you would see your account number.
Use social media
Every industry has adopted social media. For the banking industry, social media is not just used to connect with customers, it is also a platform for customers to make inquiries.
You can check your FirstBank account number via social media and this step is easy.
How to check your FirstBank account number using social media
- Login to any social media platform that you wish to use to reach out to FirstBank
- Search for FirstBank’s social media handle. Be careful when searching, there might be a lot of social media handles but lookout for the one with a blue tick.
- Send a message telling them you want to know your account number
The social media representative will require your details. You would need to provide them with your
- Full name
- Phone number linked to your FirstBank account
- Next of kin
- Date of birth
- The bank branch you registered
- Home address
Once you have provided this information, the representative will provide you with your account number after checking the system.