Every Wema bank account holder wants to be aware of their account balance regularly. There are several reasons behind this; this could due to budgeting, planning towards an event or maybe they are expecting an alert. Having prior knowledge of your account balance can help you notice and take action against irregular deductions; it can also be a lifesaver in case the owner starts receiving strange debit alerts.
This article aims at enlightening Wema bank customers on the various ways by which they can know their account balance without having to go to the bank.
Checking Your Account Balance On Your Phone
There are two major ways by which you can check your account balance on your phone; they are:
Dialing USSD code
Before delving into this, the usage of this method depends on if the process is carried out using a phone number which is linked to a Wema bank account. This method does not require internet connection and this method works on every mobile phone.
Wema bank customers registered for the USSD service can just dial *945*0#. If you want to register ensure you have your account number, debit card on hand then,just follow these steps:
- Dialing *945# using a phone number used when opening their Wema bank account
- Reply to the command prompt with “0” which signifies registration for new users.
- Reply to the next prompt with “2”
- Input your Wema bank account number and press enter
- Enter the last four digits on your ATM card
- Create your pin to secure your USSD transactions. Ensure the pin can be easily recalled and known only to you.
- Confirm your pin.
Once registration has been completed dial *945*0# to check your Wema bank account balance
Checking Account Balance Via Wema Bank Mobile app
Internet connectivity is required to check the account balance using this method. You can easily download the mobile app through the Google play store for Android devices and it’s also available on the Apple store for iPhone users. Wema bank customers who are already registered on this platform can check their balance through the following steps:
- Sign in to your Wema mobile app profile
- Click on the menu button
- Select account activity and your account balance should be staring at you.
Unregistered Wema bank customers can begin registration and activation through these steps:
- Install Wema mobile app from your app store.
- Open and update the mobile app.
- After updating the app, click on the app menu, and select SMS BANKING.
- The next thing is to generate a transaction pin.
You can generate a transaction pin by:
- Open and launch the banking suite app
- You are to click on the SMS banking feature present on the app menu
- Select the pin services feature
- Click on generate pin after which you input your account number, new pin and confirm the new pin.
By following the steps above you have successfully registered for Wema mobile app and you can check your account balance by following the steps for registered customers.
Checking Account Balance through WemaOnline
WemaOline is a platform where Wema bank customers can access and perform transactions on their accounts without going to the bank or ATM. All customers require is an internet-enabled phone, a good internet connection and a WemaOnline profile. It is easy to check your Wema bank account balance by logging into your WemaOnline account.
Unregistered customers would have to visit the customer service in any Wema bank branch to register for WemaOnline. A form that can be downloaded is available on the Wema bank official website, fill this form and submit it to any Wema branch.
Wema bank knows how important knowing your account balance is to you and therefore provided various hassle free ways to get this information. The USSD code is the easiest way and registration can be done in under 10 minutes.