The Statement of Account is a piece of document that reveals your transactional activities on your bank account over a period. In the early days of banking, it was only possible to get your Statement of Account at the banking hall. Thankfully, since the advent of the internet, and the improvement in technology, things like this are now possible without going to the bank. This means that you can now check your Statement of Account from the comfort of your bedroom.
Some people do not know that they can view and even download their Statements of Account within any period that they want. It is not just possible, it possible in three different methods.
In this article, we are going to be looking at how to get your FirstBank account statement through various methods or channels.
There are various ways to check your FirstBank account; you can choose to check it online or offline. The offline method, which is also the USSD code channel, lets you check your statement without connecting to Wi-Fi or data. However, it comes with a little charge. The online methods are the mobile app and the Internet Banking channel.
- Checking your Statement of Account using the USSD
- Through the First Bank Internet Banking
- Through the First Mobile app
The top among the methods of checking your FirstBank Statement of Account is the USSD. The FirstBank USSD code for performing any banking activity is *894#. This channel is also known as the QuickBanking channel. The USSD may cost you a little charge.
To Get Your FirstBank Statement of Account using USSD
- Dial *894# from your phone number linked with your FirstBank account.
- The options from the response will pop on your screen shortly. Select option 1 (Quick Banking)
- Shortly, another response will come up. Now, select option 4 (Enquiry Service).
- Another response will come up. Select option 4 (Mini Statement).
- Enter your 5 digits FirstBankPIN
Afterward, you will receive a message from FirstBank giving you a mini-statement of the account.
So, that’s it for the USSD code. Up next is the Internet Banking channel.
How to Get Your First Bank Statement of Account Using Internet Banking
Internet Banking is a form of banking just like the rest of the channels. This channel, like the rest, helps you perform lots of banking transactions and non-banking transactions. You can use this channel to pay bills, subscribe to cable TV, etc, but this article is focusing on checking your Account Statement.
Follow these steps, to get your statement of account.
- Visit the FirstBank website.
- Select the Account
- Click on All Accounts.
- Select the account you want to get the statement on.
- On the top right of your screen, select
- Select the statement you want to get and click
- Your statement will come up on your screen as a PDF file.
- Select the “Download File” option to download your statement.
- You can download the file to your phone or print directly; just what you want to do with it.
Although, this method only works after you have successfully enrolled on the Internet Banking platform. If you have not already registered for this channel, head on to the FirstBank website and register. Better still, pay a visit to the nearest FirstBank branch and ask for help.
The next method on how to get a Statement of Account in this article is the mobile app.
How to Get a Statement of Account on the First Bank Mobile App
To use this method, you need to have already registered on the mobile app, otherwise, you will not be able to use this channel. To get the First Bank mobile app. You should visit your AppStore to download it. For iOS users, visit AppStore, for Android users, please visit PlayStore. Type in the search box “First Mobile” and download the app. Register by providing the requirements. If you have already registered, log in to the app with your correct details.
- Your account balance will be displayed alongside other options to carry out different transactions.
- Tap on the displayed account balance to see your Statement of Account. You can set the periods you intend to get on the calendar option on the top corner of your screen to view or download your statements within those periods.
Another method to check your Statement of Account is the FirstContact. It is a Customer Support channel that helps you solve your banking issue, or proffer a solution for you. All you have to do is call them and ask that you want your Statement of Account.You can contact FirstContact on 0708 062 5000, 014485500, 070034778, 2668228.
Banking has been made easy since the advent of the internet. If you can do the same thing from your home with someone who is standing at the bank somewhere, wouldn’t you rather go with the easier option? Not only Statement of Account, but a lot of things can also now be done online. So, next time you consider viewing or downloading your Statement, use the above-mentioned methods to get it. It is as easy as that.
We hope that this article has helped educate you on the various methods to check your Statement of Accounts. Please do well to visit the nearest First Bank branch to you, for more inquiries.
Can I Download My Statement of Account Using the USSD Code?
No way; the download options are only meant for people who have an internet-enabled phone or people who access the channels that require an internet connection.
What is the Difference Between a Statement of Account and Account Balance?
Well, as simple as this may sound to some people, others actually confuse these two things and mix them up sometimes. The Statement of Account is the document that shows all your transaction history within a certain period. Your Account Balance is the amount left in your account at a particular point in time.