A token is an extra layer of security that ensures your bank account is safe and free from fraud. It lets you verify your transactions before making them. In addition, in the case of theft, it helps nullify whatever money transfer would have been made from your account. The token is a 6-digit code that gives you a lot of power over your account.
The FirstBank token is called FirstToken. It is generated by either software or hardware. There have been so many questions about how to generate a token using any of these means. In this article, we will be discussing how we can generate FirstToken by the two methods mentioned above.
There are two types of FirstToken; the hardware and the software token. The hardware can only be gotten by visiting the bank and requesting a hardware token. The software token, on the other hand, can be gotten by downloading the FirstBank soft token app online. For iOS, it can be downloaded from AppStore. For Android, they can get it on PlayStore. All you have to do is type FirstBank soft token on the search box and it will pop up.
Follow these steps to get the FirstBank token
How to Get First Bank Hardware Token
The hardware token is a small physical device that has a small button that helps generate codes when tapped. This software generates different codes for different transactions. This means that every time you tap the button on the token device, it generates a different at different points in time. This will minimize, or prevent fraud.
To get the Hardware Token
- Visit any First Bank branch.
- Request for a hardware token.
- You will be given a token form to fill out. Please fill it with your correct information and submit it.
- Be patient while your request is being processed.
- You will be handed the token.
The token may cost you a little sum of money, which will be deducted from your FirstBank account.
Now you have gotten your hardware, you are left with activating to enable you to begin to use it.
How to Activate your First Bank Hardware Token
- Download the First Bank mobile app. If you already have one, go ahead and open it.
- If this is your first time using the app, click on Register and follow the procedures. As an existing user, simply login to your account.
- When you are logged in, select Account Settings, then select Account Synchronization
- Tap the button on your newly acquired token device. A code will be generated on the small screen. Enter the code into the first field as provided on your screen.
- Tap the button on your token device again to generate another token code. Enter the code you see on your token on the second field provided on your screen.
- Check the body of your token device (usually at the back of the token device), and enter the serial number you see on the field provided for it on your screen. Please check again to ensure you have entered the serial number correctly.
- Tap on the Confirm Congratulations! You have now activated your hardware token device. You can now authorize and verify your transactions on the mobile app by generating a token on your device.
To Get the Soft Token
Although, this has been explained earlier. Follow these steps to get the soft token.
- Head on to PlayStore, as an Android user, and search for FirstToken in the search box. If you are an iOS user, please visit AppStore and download the above-mentioned app.
Now you have downloaded the FirstToken app, but you cannot use it until you activate it. Would you want to know how to do that? Follow me.
How to Activate the Soft FirstToken
Head to the nearest First Bank branch to you and request the token activation form. Fill out the form correctly and submit it to the representative. An activation code will be generated for you alongside a serial number, which you will need for the activation. Once you input the activation code and the serial number, the registration code will further be generated for you. You are expected to give the number back to the representative. The registration code will be used to activate the FirstToken app on your mobile phone.
Features of FirstToken
Works offline: Once you downloaded the software, you can use it offline.
4 Digit PIN: Before a token code could be generated, you have to input a 4-digit PIN which you will create on the app on activation.
Short Validity Period: A generated token can only last for 30 seconds. If you did not utilize the generated code within this second, you will have to generate another code.
How to Recover Your FirstToken PIN
In the event you forgot your FirstToken, you do not need to fret because there is an easy way to get it back. Just follow these steps:
- Send an email to FirstBank email, clearly stating your problem.
- Include your Challenge Code and your ID in your message. The challenge Code is the code that you get when you have attempted to login into your FirstToken app more than 4 times.
The first token is a very necessary banking material to get if you want to keep your account safer. It keeps you in charge of your account. Nothing goes out without your knowledge, not even in the case of a stolen phone or ATM card. As a First Bank customer, endeavour to get the FirstToken. Whether you decided to go for the hard or software token, your account will be duly secured. The extra layer of security is the actual benefit of this token, and you will be left out if you do not acquire one today.
Am I Supposed to Get Both Tokens?
No, you do not have to. Both tokens perform just the same function, so getting either of them is enough.
Can Someone Else Use My Token?
Well, no. unless you let them use it, otherwise they cannot use it to authorize transactions on their own account. The FirstToken is linked to only one person’s account, so no one else can share your token.