The FirstBank *894# USSD code is a multipurpose short code that is used to perform various transactions. These transactions include funds transfer, paying bills, checking your account balance, and accessing the FirstBank loan amongst several other things. The majority of the banking populace uses the USSD for the transfer of funds even though it performs other functions such as the ones mentioned above. The code can be used by all FirstBank customers, as long as they have a mobile phone, whether they are internet-enabled or not. In addition, it works on all networks in Nigeria.
Requirement for Using the First Bank USSD Code
For you to be able to do the things mentioned above, you have to meet these requirements:
- Having the FirstBank account: having a FirstBank Naira account is top among the requirements for using the USSD.
- Notification Number: Do not let this confuse you; this is still the same as your alert number. You need a phone number linked with our FirstBank account.
- Mobile Phone: Yes, you need a mobile phone, whether internet-enabled or not.
- ATM PIN: You need your 4-digit ATM to be able to carry out this function.
To Register for First Bank USSD Code
For you to be able to use the USSD code, you need to first register. Here are the steps to follow to complete your registration:
- Dial *894*0# on your phone number registered with your First Bank account.
- Select your preferred debit card of the ones linked to your account (If you have more than one).
- Input the 4-digit PIN of the card you selected.
- Create a 5-digit PIN: note that you will be required to use this PIN to complete or authorize all the transactions you initiated using this *894# short code. So make sure whatever PIN you choose to use is one you can easily remember. In addition, do not use a PIN that can easily be guessed correctly. Use a strong PIN yet easy to remember and avoid PIN like the first or last 5 digits of your phone number.
Now you have successfully registered for the USSD code and as well created a transaction PIN that you will need to complete or authorize all your transactions on this platform.
How to Change Your First Bank USSD PIN
Now, there is a difference between resetting your PIN and changing your PIN. There could be several reasons why some persons change their PIN. One of them could be that they fear that a third party has it. Other reasons could be that they have a different code in mind to use in place of the existing one.
The procedures for changing your PIN is almost the same as resetting, only in this case, you still remember your existing PIN.
Follow these steps to change your PIN:
- Dial *894*0# on the phone number linked to your FirstBank.
- Follow the instructions provided on your screen to change your PIN.
How to Reset First Bank USSD PIN
In the last step up there, you have been shown how to register for USSD code and well create a PIN. In this step, we will be discussing how to reset your USSD PIN, which is what the topic is about in the first place. Reasons for resetting your PIN is invariable because you forgot your PIN and want a new PIN. Now, to reset your PIN, just follow the simple steps below:
- Dial *894*0# on your phone number registered with your FirstBank account.
- You will be asked to input your ATM PIN to continue. Kindly do that. And please remember which ATM card you used for this particular PIN.
- Then select the option to create a new PIN.
- PIN must be 5 digits, and please remember to use a PIN that is not easily guessed by anyone, and one you can easily remember.
- You will be asked to confirm PIN. All you have to do is enter the PIN again to confirm it. Make sure that it corresponds with the first one you entered, if not, it will be rejected. Henceforth, this is the PIN you will be used to authorize and complete all your transactions on this platform.
The FirstBank USSD code (QuickBanking) is the most used banking platform in Nigeria. The reason for this is quite apparent: both internet-enabled and non-internet-enabled mobile phone users can make use of this code. As long as the phone can make and receive calls, you are good to go. Your PIN is your access to authorizing transactions on this platform. You should safeguard it and be sure that a third party does not have it. If you fear a third party has it, you should not hesitate to change it by following the steps highlighted in this article.
We hope that this article has helped educate, inform, and as well taught you how to create USSD PIN, change, and reset your USSD PIN. If you have other questions you think were not captured in this article, you can visit the FirstBank website and get as much information as you want. Or you can contact Customer Service on 0708 062 5000.
Can I Register for USSD Code Without a Debit Card?
No, you cannot. You would need a debit card to register for the USSD code (QuickBanking). The reason is that at some point during your registration, you will be required to provide your ATM PIN.
Can I Use the Same PIN as My ATM?
Yes, sure. You can choose to use the same PIN you used for your ATM card for your USSD for easy remembering. However, ensure that you do not use easy PINs like 12345 or 55555, etc.
How Do I Stop Illegal Transactions on my Account During Theft?
In a situation, you fear that you might lose your money because your phone has just been stolen, and you want to block your PIN. You should rush to the bank and request that both your USSD and your ATM PIN be blocked. You could have used your phone to block your PIN, but in this case, you do not have your phone. So the best option is to head to the bank to get them all blocked.