Are you interested in sending money to somebody without stress? Today, you will find out every detail you will need. So read and learn how to start using Western Union in Nigeria.
In case you don’t know, Western Union is a simple way of sending and receiving money that has been in existence for over 50 years. Currently, millions of people now send money using the Western Union online platforms from Nigeria.
Indeed, I have been able to receive money from a client through Western Union twice. What I did is to go to the bank on both periods and get my money. One of the good things is that most of the banks in Nigeria now process Western Union payments.
So in this post today, I will be showing you how to start using Western Union to receive and send payments in Nigeria without leaving your home. Just help, I will also include a list of banks that help process Western Union Payments in Nigeria, just in case you live close to any of them.
SENDING MONEY IN NIGERIA VIA WESTERN UNION
In case you want to send money from Nigeria to another country via Western Union Online Service, then you need:
- The location of the person who will receive the money you are sending
- An identification
- Then your money you are sending.
HERE IS HOW TO SEND MONEY TO A DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT
- Visit the Western Union Agent Location near you.
- Get the form from them
– Fill the form to send Money; make sure you use printed capital letters.
– Enter the name of the receiver to whom you wish to send the cash.
– Enter the amount of money.
– Enter the city where the money will be received.
3. Next show your ID card and Payment to the agent in the Bank. Also, you will present;
– a completed form which you have filled out
– show your government identification number.
– bring the money you paid including all the necessary fees.
- the collection of checks:
– then save your receipt with the MTCN – final number of money transfers.
- Your recipient gets the money:
– Note that the currency can be received at every Western Union agent location in any country and city that you choose.
HERE IS HOW TO RECEIVE WESTERN UNION PAYMENTS IN NIGERIA
I want to introduce to you the platform called Wema Bank’s ALAT that allows you to receive Western Union payments straight to your bank account. The Wema Bank’s ALAT is Nigeria’s first fully digital bank. The bank account opening, card collection and account verification are all done online from the comfort of your home.
All you need is to fill in your details after opening an ALAT account. After you have uploaded and filled in your details, then your account will be verified to receive your Western Union Payments and will be able to unlock other cool features.
This Wema bank’s ALAT also allows you to easily transfer money and pay bills at anytime and anywhere. In case you want to register, then you can visit their official website at www.alat.ng.
So How Much Would I Pay to Receive Western Union Payments in Nigeria?
Note that the conversion is usually stated by Western Union during the transaction, while the sender pays the processing fee as well. According to the Western Union’s website which stated that the US dollar payments in Nigeria are available at no extra charge to the receiver. Meaning that you don’t have to worry about this, since the sender will be paying the transaction fees.
So what happens if I recently sent a transaction for a Naira payout that has not yet been picked up by the receiver?
- Note that transactions sent in Naira will be paid out in USD to your receiver.
- An APN transaction will be canceled and refunded back to the sender.
- Also, for digital senders, all transactions will be refunded automatically to the card where funds originated from.
- And for retail senders, since there will be MTCN provided and the funds will be paid back to customers in full.
Please note that is not possible to send Naira to Nigeria for cash pickup.
HERE ARE BANKS THAT PROCESS WESTERN UNION PAYMENTS IN NIGERIA
Below is the list of banks that process Western Union payments in Nigeria (This is according to Westernunion.com). all you have to do is to walk into any of these banks to receive your Western Union payments and you would not be required to pay any other transaction fees.
- First Bank of Nigeria PLC (all locations)
- Zenith International Bank (all locations)
- Wema Bank (all locations)
- Standard Trust Bank (all locations)
- Oceanic Bank International (limited locations)
- Ecobank Nigeria PLC (limited locations)
- All States Trust Bank (limited locations)
- NBM Bank (limited locations)