Sending and receiving money just got easier with Access Bank. Gone are the days when you have to spend time queuing in the bank before you get your transactions accurately done. Furthermore, you do need bank agents to transfer your money because it can simply be done on your own.
With a better means of transferring money from your Access Bank account to other banks, be rest assured of getting things done with ease and speed. If you are interested in knowing how to transfer money from Access Bank to other banks, then this article is ready to show you how. Kindly read along.
How to Transfer Money from Access Bank with USSD Code
The USSD code can be used for a lot of transactions including transferring money from one bank to another, paying utility bills, buying airtime and data, checking balances, and so on. In addition to the numerous services it renders, the code is easy to use and available every day and at all times.
All you need to access this service is a working mobile phone. You also need to connect your Access Bank account number and your Bank Verification Number with your active personal phone number. When you have registered for USSD banking with your phone number, you can now make your transactions. To register for the USSD service, follow the guidelines below:
- Step one: Pick up your mobile phone. Your phone does not require an internet connection to register or use the bank code services.
- Step two: Dial the code, *901# with your personal or business phone number that is connected to your bank account.
- Step three: Tap on the ‘Transfer’ option.
- Step four: You would be asked to submit the last 6 digits of your Debit Card number. If you do not have an active debit card, you will have to use your date of birth.
- Step five: Input your Access Bank account number.
- Step six: Create a 4-digit PIN for you to confirm your transactions. Keep this pin secured to avoid illegal transactions.
- Step seven: Congratulations, you have finally registered for Access Bank USSD services.
Now that I have shown you how to register your number for the USSD code, you can now transfer funds from your account to another bank. If you want to know how to go about this, follow the steps below.
- Step one: Pick up your mobile phone and dial *901# to access the USSD service.
- Step two: Select ‘2’ for the transfer option.
- Step three: Select ‘1’ to transfer to another Access Bank account or ‘2’ to transfer to other banks.
- Step four: Submit the amount you want to send after selecting the bank.
- Step five: Include the account number of the recipient or beneficiary and confirm the bank details to avoid mistakes.
- Step six: Enter your 4-digit pin and send.
- Step seven: Wait for a debit alert to confirm that your transfer was successful.
- Step eight: You would be informed that your transaction was a success.
You can also dial *901*1*Amount*Account Number# to send money to another Access Bank account. For other banks, dial *901*2*Amount*Account Number# to send money. This is way faster than the step above.
When using the USSD code, you would be charged the sum of 6 naira for using the service. Furthermore, bank charges are included in the transfer to other banks.
Benefits of using USSD codes include:
- It is fast and convenient.
- It works all day of the week.
- It can be used to sort bills and recharge airtime.
- It is secure.
- You do not have to visit the bank.
- You can open an account with it.
- You can check your account balance.
- It does not require internet.
- It can work with any mobile network.
How to transfer money from Access Bank with a mobile app
Access Bank has also created a mobile application for its users to have a seamless customer experience without struggling to queue at the bank to get things done. The app can be used for more than just transferring money. Unlike the USSD code, the Access Bank app can only be used on a smartphone and with a strong internet connection.
Here are the steps to follow when using the Access Mobile app to transfer money:
- Step one: Firstly, you need to download the app from your android or iPhone app store and install it on your respective devices.
- Step two: When it is installed, open the app and register with your bank name and bank account number. You may also be asked to submit your debit card details and BVN. You would also need to create a 4 digit pin for your transactions. To register, log on to https://ibank.accessbankplc.com/retailbank/
- Step three: After you have registered and created your login details. You can officially log in to your account page on the app.
- Step four: Navigate through the homepage and select the ‘transfer transaction’ option
- Step five: Select the bank name and account number. You can save the recipient as a beneficiary for subsequent transactions.
- Step six: Enter the amount to be sent and generate a One-Time-Password (OTP) to verify the transaction and send the money.
- Step seven: Submit your transfer request and wait for a confirmation message and a debit alert.
If you are having challenges with your Access Bank mobile app, you can contact the customer care agents of the bank to rectify the problem or visit them at the nearest branch to you.
Other functions of the bank app include;
- Paying bills.
- Recharging airtime and data.
- Generating bank statements.
- Accessing loans.
- Making investments.
Can any device use the USSD code?
Yes, any working mobile phone can use the USSD code to make transactions.
Do I have to visit the bank to activate the Internet Banking service?
You can do this in the comfort of your close environment. But if you have challenges registering for the service, you can visit the Access Bank branch closest to you.
For you to enjoy banking services better, you can make use of the mobile app or USSD code to transfer money from your Access Bank account to other bank accounts. You can do so much more without going to the bank when you register and carefully follow the steps stated above.
Thank you for reading.