GTBank provides various convenient and fast availability of money transfers via USSD code-*737#, Internet Banking, GTBank Mobile App, GTBank ATMs, and GTBank branches.
1. USSD Code – *737#
You can send money to other Nigerian banks via *737* transfer. The transaction takes roughly 10 seconds to complete, with a daily transaction limit of N1,000,000. It is a fast and convenient method that is available 24/7 unless interrupted by poor network service. The transaction works with GTBank-registered phone numbers, and signal strength is dependent on the phone network. Transactions between one thousand Naira and five hundred Naira (N100,000 – N500,000) are authenticated by using a 737 pin or hardware token, while only a hard token is required for transactions greater than five hundred thousand Naira to one million Naira (N500,000 – N1,000,000). The last four digits of your Naira MasterCard are required for this transaction (Debit card) before your GTBank account will be debited.
To transfer funds from your GTBank account to another bank’s account, follow these steps:
- From your phone, dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#. An on-screen popup provides the code and a list of banks that can be used to make a transfer on the platform.
- After that, you will be asked to choose the recipient’s bank
- Before you authenticate the transfer, the recipient’s account name will be presented. This allows you to double-check that you’re transferring money to the appropriate individual and not to the wrong account.
- Then authenticate the transfer using the 737 PIN, hardware token, or the last four digits of your GTBank debit card, or enter 0 to cancel it.
- Wait for the transaction to finish, and you will get a debit alert when the transfer is complete.
NB: A network charge of N6.98 will apply to your bank account for services on this channel.
2. Mobile Banking App
On Android devices, the app can be downloaded from Google Play, while on iOS devices, it can be obtained through the App Store. The GTBank Mobile App is a dual-purpose app that combines Mobile Banking and Mobile Money functionality.
Logging on to Mobile Banking gives you access to all of the accounts for which you have a GTBank profile, such as savings, current, and domiciliary accounts, whilst logging on to Mobile Money gives you access to your mobile wallet.
Get the GTWorld App on your phone.
If you do not already have it, you can download the GTWorld App from your device’s app store.
Obtain your Login Information
After you’ve installed the app, go to “Sign Up” to retrieve your login information (User ID and password). This provides you access to your app account.
- Log in to the GTBank Mobile Banking app using your internet banking credentials. User ID and Password Select “Transfers” from the menu bar on the screen.
- Choose a transfer method that is appropriate for you.
- To Own Accounts To GTBank To Other Banks Pre-registered Transfer FX Transactions are some of the transfer possibilities available.
- Select ‘From Account’ (i.e. the account to be debited) if the beneficiary already exists; otherwise, select “New” to add a new beneficiary, fill out the needed information, and submit the request.
- Enter the transfer amount and a note (optional)
- Enter your four-digit PIN or the answer to your secret question for authentication, then examine the transaction summary and enter the “Token code.” To finish, click “Confirm Transfer.”
NB: Instant transfers to other banks and transfers to GTBank accounts are handled instantly, while NEFT transfers are completed within 24 hours.
3. Internet Banking
- Use your User ID and Password to access internet banking. Select the appropriate transfer option under “Account Transfers.”
- To transfer to an existing beneficiary, select Add New Recipient, fill out the form (including the beneficiary’s information), and click ‘Get Beneficiary Name.’
- Choose “From” from the drop-down menu.
- Complete the shown form with appropriate details (i.e. account to debit and beneficiary’s name).
- Input the transfer amount and note to transfer payments to the same beneficiary (if required)
- Click “Continue” when you have answered your secret question.
- Confirm the transfer details and enter your Token code before clicking “Submit.”
You can use your ATM card to transfer money by following the steps below:
- Insert your ATM/ debit card at a GTBank ATM.
- Select your favorite language.
- To proceed, enter your debit card PIN and click ‘Enter.’
- Next, select the “Fund Transfer” option from the ATM display’s bottom right corner.
- Enter the bank name and account number of the beneficiary.
- Select the account type, either a savings or a current account.
- Input the amount to be transferred. Then, to validate the amount entered, click ‘Yes.’
- The funds will be successfully sent after you provide the fund transfer amount. A ‘time out’ notice will appear if a transaction is not completed within the time limit specified. The account-to-account transfer from the ATM process must be repeated in this scenario.
5. Mobile Banking
This option enables you to access the banking platform via the internet. Therefore, you can make use of this method even when you have not downloaded the GTWorld App. Below are the steps to follow in order to transfer money successfully:
- Go to the GTBank website and log in.
- Apply for mobile money with a mobile phone number as well as a PIN to replenish one’s wallet
- Select the menu option from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, pick “Send Money” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the appropriate option of transfer
- To transfer funds between banks, fill in the blanks in the exhibited form
- Enter “PIN” and click “OK.”
- Examine the transaction by summarizing and clicking “Approve” to finalize the transaction
NB: To use mobile banking to transfer payments, a mobile wallet is required to be funded
6. Visiting the Bank Branch
You can also visit any of the closest GTBank to you if any of the above options are not suitable for you
- Enter the banking hall
- Collect and fill a transfer form
- Submit the adequately filled form to the teller at the counter
- Is it possible to utilize the 737 USSD banking service on any phone?
Yes. 737 can be used on any smartphone and does not require an internet connection.
- How much does it cost to send money to other Nigerian banks instantly?
N50.00 commission + N2.50 VAT is added to Instant Transfers to other Nigerian Banks. Transfers between GTBank accounts are charged N20.00 + N2.50 on 737, whereas transfers between GTBank accounts are free on all other banking channels.
Presented above are various options you could consider. It is recommended that you go for the most convenient for you.