Zenith bank is one of the most popular banks in Nigeria and one that has committed resources to make every necessary bank transaction an easy and smooth process for its bank users.
One of the many transactions Zenith bank users can comfortably do even from the comfort of their homes is the money transfer transaction. Money can be transferred from a Zenith bank account to another Zenith bank account or to an account registered with a totally different bank.
If you’re a Zenith bank user and are interested in knowing how to easily transfer money from one bank account to another whether intra-bank or interbank then read along.
How do I transfer money from my Zenith bank account?
Transferring money is now an easy process thanks to technological advancements. There are multiple ways you can transfer money to other bank accounts with ease. The best and most used ways to transfer money are by:
- Using the Zenith bank internet banking
- Using the Zenith USSD code
- Using the Zenith bank mobile app
How to transfer money using the Zenith bank internet banking option
Zenith bank’s internet banking option is considered to be a great option not only for the speed and convenience it offers but also because it has a transfer limit of up to 1-3 million naira daily for personal accounts and up to 5 million naira daily for corporate accounts.
To transfer money from your account using the internet banking option, follow these steps:
- Go to the Zenith bank website
- Input your username and password and log into your account on the website
- Click the menu and choose transfer funds from the drop-down options
- Type in the details of your transaction i.e destination account number, amount to transfer, bank name
- Enter your internet banking pin or token if you have the Zenith token device
Once you’re done your transfer transaction will be processed and you’ll get a message notifying you of the success of the transfer.
You’ll need to register before you can access the Zenith internet banking option. To register your own:
- Go to any Zenith bank branch closest to you and ask to fill out the application form. You can also visit the Zenith website to download and fill out the form.
- Once the form is filled you’ll receive an access code, username, password and a token for #1500
- Open the internet banking link: https://ibank.zenithbank.com/InternetBanking
- Enter the access code, username and password given to you at the bank. Or you can also enter your account number and the token you were given
- You’ll be logged into the website and able to navigate it once the details you entered are verified.
How to transfer money using the Zenith USSD code
Zenith Bank like other Nigerian banks has a USSD code that allows its bank users to use the self-service channel to do various transactions such as buying or sending airtime, money transfers, paying bills, etc. The Zenith USSD code is *966#.
This method is considered the easiest to access as it doesn’t require mobile data but it is limited in that there is a transfer limit of #20,000 per transaction and a #100,000 daily limit.
To transfer money using the USSD bank code:
- Dial *966# on your mobile device with the phone number that is linked to your account
- Select transfers by sending the corresponding number
- Select the receiver’s bank name from the options
- Enter the receiver’s account number
- Type in the amount to be transferred
- Enter your transaction pin or the last six numbers of your ATM card
- Verify the transaction
Once done you’ll receive a notification of a debit alert of the amount transferred to signify the success of the transaction.
However, there is another way, more straightforward, to make a money transfer using the Zenith USSD bank code.
To do this:
Dial *966*amount to be transferred*receiver’s account number#
For example: *966*5000*1234567890#
- Select the receiver’s bank name from the options
- Enter your transaction pin or the last six digits of your ATM card
Once done you’ll also receive a notification of a debit alert of the amount transferred to signify the success of the transaction.
You should know that you will need to register the phone number linked to your Zenith account before you can use the USSD code for any transactions.
To register your number:
- Dial *966#
- Choose create pin
- Input the last 4 digits of your ATM card
- Create a 4-digit pin once you get the message prompt
- Confirm the pin by typing it in again
Once done you’ll receive a message notifying you along with a statement of your account balance.
How to transfer money using the Zenith bank mobile app
Using the Zenith bank mobile app for your money transfers allows you a limit of up to #500,000 daily and #3 million if you have a token for the transaction.
To transfer money using the Zenith mobile all option:
- Launch the mobile app on your device
- Tap on the menu icon. You’ll find it at the top left corner of your screen
- Tap on send money
- Input the details of the transaction -amount to send, receiver’s account details-bank name and account number
- Enter your transaction pin or token (if you have it)
Once done this, you’ll also receive a notification of a debit alert of the amount transferred to signify the success of the transaction.
You’ll need to register your account on the mobile app before you can use it for any transactions.to register your account on the mobile app:
- Download and install the Zenith mobile banking app from Google play store(Android) or iOS App store(iPhone)
- Open the Zenith mobile app on your mobile device
- Follow the instructions and prompts given and input your information- email address, phone number, account number
- Choose a transaction pin once prompted
- And confirm all the registration details
Once all of this is done, your account will be registered on the app and you’ll be able to use it for self-service transactions like money transfers, bill payments, airtime purchases, etc.