GTBank is an international financial institution, as it does not only operate in Nigeria but also has its subsidiary in the United Kingdom and several other African countries. With the aim to enhance customer service, GTBank is at the forefront in digitizing financial services via the online platform and banking application. Habari (a digital customer service representative), and Quick Credit are also innovative ideas to offer value to customers.
GTBank presents basically the savings and current account, with several other types of accounts to offer specific services that suit the requirements of diverse customers. Generally, GTBank accounts can be classified into three: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. This classification is based on the limitations placed on deposits and the cumulative value of the account. An example of a tier 1 account (which has the lowest transaction limit) is an instant account, to deposit a sum of #250,000, the money has to be split into five transactions, as only #50,000 can be deposited at a time, and the total amount in the account has to be less than or equal to #300,000. Hence, this is usually a limitation, as transactions greater than this amount may not be performed. In most cases, if this limit is violated, the account can be blocked until the situation is rectified or upgraded.
|Account Type||One time deposit limit||Cumulative limit|
Ways to Upgrade A GTBank Account
There are two ways to upgrade a GTBank account. They are:
Offline via any GTBank branch closest to you.
The following steps are guidelines on how to successfully upgrade your GTBank account:
- Gather the required documents (listed towards the end of this article) for the account upgrade.
- Prepare to arrive at the banking hall early enough to avoid crowd and delay.
- Walk into any nearest GTBank branch.
- Meet any of the customer service representatives, and request for an account upgrade.
- You will be given a form, fill it and attach certain documents as required.
- Submit the completed form and attached documents to the customer service representative.
Online via internet banking:
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 several banks including GTBank have updated their online operations. This was a response aimed at reducing the crowd in the banking halls. Hence, via the internet banking platform, one can upgrade his/her account from the comfort of your home or workplace following these brief steps:
- Visit www.gtbank.com
- If you are visiting the internet banking platform for the first time, you will need to click the ‘register today’ button to fill in the required details.
- Login with username (either user ID, account number, email address or phone number) and password.
- After logging in, select the self-service option at the bottom of the page.
- Select ‘Account Upgrade’ as the service type
- Input GTBank (NUBAN) Account Number and Bank Verification Number (BVN)
PS: The GTBank NUBAN Account Number is the same as your account number. If you have more than one GTBank account, input the number for the account you wish to upgrade.
- Then, submit the form
- Select either Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 as the preferred account upgrade.
PS: Tier 3 account upgrade is recommended, as it allows for unlimited transactions.
- A one-time password (OTP) is generated and sent to your registered phone number via SMS. Input the OTP as soon as you receive it, because it expires within a short period (usually less than 10 minutes). If the OTP expires (ie. If you take more than the required time to input it), you will need to go through the process of generating a new one.
PS: The one-time password (OTP) is one of the security measures to ensure a safe internet banking process. Hence, do not be weary of the time limit, just play by the rules by inputting the correct numbers in time.
- Upload required documents(ID card, utility bill, marriage certificate, newspaper publication, etc.), which will include some or all of those listed above, depending on the preferred account upgrade. As always, Tier 3 account upgrade is recommended for convenience.
- Finally, submit the form.
Requirements to Upgrade to a Tier 3 Account
They include but are not limited to:
- Means of identification: eg, voter’s card, national identification card, international passport, driver’s license.
- Bank Verification Number (BVN): a series of eleven numbers that serve as a unique identifier for bank customers.
- Passports (2)
- Utility bill issued within the last three months: usually as a proof of residence
To upgrade a GTBank account to tier 2, you will not require a utility bill. Although, an upgrade to a tier 3 account is advisable as one can perform unlimited transactions, and one will not need to pass through these processes twice.