In case you don’t know, the Union Bank of Nigeria (UBN) is one of Nigeria’s oldest, successful and most respected financial institutions that was established in 1917 when it was then called Colonial Bank. However, the name Union Bank of Nigeria came in the year 1990 after the bank had some ownership changes and reformations.
Today, the Union Bank of Nigeria has more than 300 branches across the country, with over 760 ATMs all over Nigeria.
The Union Bank of Nigeria main objective is to improve customer experience and make banking transactions much easier for its customers via technology. Today customers can see what success they have made with the introduction of their online and mobile banking platforms.
The Union Bank’s Internet Banking platform is known as Union Online, which is very fast, secure and an easy way of accessing your Union Bank account and perform any Banking transactions online without visiting any Union Bank Branch.
The Features of Union Bank Internet Banking
- It provides easy access to finance as well as non-financial banking services
- It allows users to access account balance and other details anytime
- It gives you the ability to pay bills and fund transfer to other accounts
- It helps you to manage mortgages, loans, savings a/c linked to the bank account
- It is a very safe and secure mode of banking
- It is protected with a unique ID and password
- You can set-up or cancel automatic recurring bill payments and standing orders
- It allows you to keep a check on investments linked to the bank account
THE BENEFITS OF UNION BANK INTERNET BANKING
- Union bank’s Internet banking is not time-specific. This means that you can avail banking services online 24×7 without visiting the bank
- Union bank’s Internet banking is a convenient mode of fund transfer and bill payments. This has made fund transfer quick and easy. Now customers can register for internet banking service in any bank and enjoy all the banking services via the internet.
- With the platform, users can transfer funds instantly, especially if both the accounts are in Union Bank. You can transfer funds via NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS service.
HERE IS HOW TO GET STARTED
- You can visit the Union Bank’s Website via http://www.unionbankng.com
- Once on the website, look for the Internet Banking login and click on it. You will be redirected to Union Bank’s Online Banking website.
- Look at the top of the page, then click on enroll, then you will be taken to the registration page.
- While on the registration page, input your account number and click on continue.
- They will ask you to choose your preferred username, then choose and click on continue.
- Once done, an OTP code will be sent to the number registered with your Union Bank account. Now, input the OTP code.
- Input your preferred login password and then click on Enroll.
- Once you are done, a Union Online profile will be created for you.
HERE IS HOW TO LOGIN
- Visit the Union Bank’s official Website via http://www.unionbankng.com.
- While on the website, look for the Internet Banking login and then click on it. Once you do this, you will be taken to Union Bank’s Online Banking website.
- You can now enter your username and password (As in the one you created when registering online or sent to you via SMS, that is if you requested at the bank) and then click on login.
Please note that for you to successfully perform transactions on the Union Bank online banking platform, you must have a Hardware Token issued by Union Bank. However, you can request one by visiting any Union Bank Branch nearest to you.
I FORGOT MY UNION BANK USERNAME: HOW TO RETRIEVE IT
To retrieve your union bank internet banking username, do the following:
- Go to the Internet banking platform of the bank via http://www.unionbankng.com
- Before you get your user ID or username, click on Forgot username or password
- You will be redirected to another page where you will be asked to enter your email address.
- Now enter the details to know your USER ID (Your email address)
- Now enter your phone number which is connected to your Bank Account
- Now click on continue, and then the verification icon.
- Your username will be sent to your email address. Just visit your email to retrieve the username there.
HERE IS HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD OR SECRET WORD
- Now login into your Account.
- Then click on settings
- Now select change password or change the secret word (Though depends on the one you want to change).
- Then enter your old Password or old secret word.
- Now enter your new password or new secret word.
- Then confirm your new password or new secret word by reentering it again.
- You can then generate a token from your hardware token device and then input it.
- The new ID will be sent to your phone number.